Reasons why I am in love with Warehouse 13 (I am up to the beginning of season 4):
- Loads of female characters, who continue to show up and attach themselves to the cast.
- All of these women are well-developed and very different, and they all have deep and different friendships with each other. And talk to each other. A lot.
- Actually, this show is majorly driven by women.
- This is a world in which queer people exist, and queerness is casually mentioned. There is a main character and a recurring character who are unambiguously queer (gay and bi respectively), and more than that, minor characters and historical characters are queer and this is mentioned in passing but not as a Thing. (Example: the password to an artifact was the name of the male inventor's lover, Thomas.)
- Dates in the past are referred to with BCE.
- Mark Sheppard is in it playing a recurring character who is powerful and morally ambiguous.
- One episode contained a spiel about how awesome Rosalind Franklin was and how Watson and Crick had piggybacked onto her work while she didn't get the Nobel recognition that they did.
- The setup and the plots are utterly ridiculous. And the show realises that it's utterly ridiculous and just goes along with it having fun.
( Collapse )
- This is actually the short version of the list. The longer would would involve listing pretty much everything that Myka and Claudia and HG ever do.
- I LOVE THIS SHOW A LOT OKAY.
Posted at http://frith-in-thorns.dreamwidth.org/96569.html with comments.